Saturday, September 11, 2010

The pictures my eyes see


On my way to work on Friday – the 9th day of Spring for 2010 in barely the space of a mile I wished my eyes – like cameras – That I could record what I was seeing so I could share the world through my eyes…. I consciously and distinctly blinked once at every scene to engrave my memory with the sights and this is what I saw.

At the roundabout on Chambers Flat the diary farmer was ploughing or churning the soil into sods and about 50 Cattle egrets followed him closely to make benefit of his machinery exposing all sorts of tasty (to an egret) food morsels.  The lagers 50 feet behind rapidly hopping - flying the short distance to be in front of the queue…..

Up the road and just passed the Strawberry farm – which borders the Dairy farm on the other side of a creek was a little bedazzled leveret.  About a third grown, eyes wide – frozen, listening. Probably his first time out of the nest?  and I can imagine his thoughts “Shit – what is all this outside the family home? Bright light, cars, birds????? - Shit”  I saw him, in the rear-view, mirror scamper off at a million miles an hour after a truck drove passed. 

On the other side of the road just passed the bus stop shelter, a goat had its’ head buried in back of a tilted trailer.  Loaded with scraps thrown out by the local fruit and vege shop I imagine. He was enjoying himself.

It’s here – just before the Logan Reserve road turn off that I decide that I am extremely grateful for my vision and that I have opportunity to see all of these things…

No comments:

Followers